DevPortal

Looping ainimations and scripts for team play

Home Forums Developing with SmartBots Bots Playground (JavaScript) Looping ainimations and scripts for team play

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    PhilGalaxi
    Participant

By using a server linked into SL, does this not open up all kinds of opportunities for group team game play?
    For example if I have say four basic model bots, but I can link them to a game relative to a simple objective of getting an object, [a ball] then heading towards a particular home point or goal. The most basic and continuous game that could be looped I think is Rugby or soccer. Rugby even more so, as the avatar/bots do not have to use physics or estimate trajectory to kick a ball in a certain direction. For rugby just grab the object, a single ball before another bot does or avatar then run towards the home point or opponents goal line. once the Bot grabs posses the ball/object, a timer starts and after so many seconds the Bot must drop the ball, immediately all the bots and avatars can try to grab the ball and run to their home point for a score :) this game of rugby would not involve punting just grab run and bump towards home. I think I have something here? Hockey football baseball and basketball are just too complex. I have seen some claims in the SL store with football basketball etc being sold for avatar participation type team games, but you have to be suspect of them maybe???

Just a crazy idea …

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.