DevPortal

Support Bot Problems

Home Forums Developing with SmartBots HTTP API Support Bot Problems

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Zachh Barkley
    Participant

Hello, I was asked to share this with you by QuincyJones — There are a couple of issues related to the use of the Live Support module, particularly in conjunction with other modules.

• ALL MESSAGES trigger the support bot, no matter what. The bot takes ANY message sent to it and cues a support notification. This is problematic if the same bot is also your group inviter, store greeter, or when using Live IMs, etc. As a result, me and my staff were overwhelmed with non-support requests such as “Hey”, “r u real”, “no thanks, I don’t need support”, etc. which leads into issue 2:

• There is no way to cancel a support request – This occurs when using support bot for my business or if I contact another business and accidentally trigger their bot. For example, I accidentally messaged the wrong avatar for QubicBot and triggered their support response. Because all messages are sent even if the customer does NOT say “done”, I had to explain to them that I did not need support but that my ticket was going to generate anyway.

I’m hoping that there will be solutions to this in the future, as I did really enjoy this module. In the meantime, I’ve created my own system as a workaround and have a “Support Tree” that people can access via the LiveIMs feature (also an awesome module).

If I can be of any assistance with making changes or improvements, please let me know as I’d be happy to see some of these services optimized and enhanced with new features. :)

Thank you again and as always, thank you for all that you do. SmartBots has been a valuable asset to automating many tedious tasks for my business.

-Zachh Barkely

Content Creator & Web Developer
    Arcanum LLC
    www.slmagic.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.