Inviting and ejecting from custom role
1. Inviting to the custom role
To invite people to custom group role (other than "Everyone") you need to do the following:
- Enable the "Assign Members to Assigner's Role" ability for your bot
- Add bot to the desired role.
If you miss any of these requirements, the group invitation will appear, but resident will receive the error message: "Unable to join group. The person who invited you lacks the required group powers."
2. Ejecting members from non-Everyone role
To eject group members do the following:
- Enable "Remove Members From Roles" ability for the bot
- Add bot to the role you will eject from.
If you want to invite people to the "Tenants" role, you have to complete the following steps:
- Open your group settings in SL viewer
- Edit the "SmartBots" role:
- enable "Assign Members to Assigner's Role" ability (refer to this page)
- Put bot to "Tenants" role (in addition to "Everyone" and "SmartBots")
- Setup your Interface Device (NOT required for Casper, Hippo and other 3rd-party services and plugins):
- Login to your SmartBots web account
- Locate your group and click on "stats & options" link (GROUP INVITER section)
- Click on "Interface options" tab
- Specify the role in "Invite to role:" field
Common SL glitch
Currently there is a common SL glitch with eject, Instructions to troubleshooting the issue available here