DevPortal

Tools to advertise

Home Forums Selling the stuff Advertising Tools to advertise

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

What is the most efficient way to advertise in Second Life? We do some advertising at SL Marketplace, use our own services and even have some old good classifieds (I did not checked their stats for a LONG time).

Can you recommend any efficient in-world tools?

amadeucallow
    Participant

Well for TheSecondFarm i need use to advertise so i tried a litle of all

I sew that real estates pay a lot for classifieds and i give a try for 3 weeks
    Then like you know you have stats in your profile with it
    Well i payed to become in 2sd place of search and then i sew that only get close 17 teleports xD

Try yourself, but i guess you will cry this money forever

It really can compensate for others business’s but not for me. I pay just to keep high with some keywords but become 1st or 2nd don’t really helped me

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by amadeucallow.
    Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

Oh, so somebody even clicks that!
    I need to check my classifieds, they are running without supervision for years lol

amadeucallow
    Participant

Advertise in popular places its very hard work but it really compense to me normally
    i used google adwords and worked to me also in start to get increase of people fastly so is exactly what i recommend it will be not cheap but it really make difference in start

Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

It all depends on what you’re trying to advertise really. The SecondLife forums are a good way to both help people and share your product with the community, although be careful where you’re posting as some forums do not accept self-promotion. For scripts, this works well as you can freely post your own code, and links to your website which contain tutorials or documentation on how to do things.

With regards to in-world advertising, a good store setup, ease of use and attractive prices work best. What people don’t realise is that their store gets a lot of impressions, but there can be turn-offs such as a long walk to the products, too many products in one area, resulting in them going away.

Prices such as L$499 are trying to trick the customer into thinking they’re paying less than they actually are – a price like L$500 may look more expensive, however it’s professional as it gives the impression that you are confident with the price of the item.

Product images should really focus on the product, not the name of it, the land impact, features… this should all be in the background. A price in a corner usually works well too, as an attractive price on a not-so attractive product, could make it seem more worthwhile purchasing.

SL advertising is not much different to RL a

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.