Setting up waypoints
Setting Up Waypoints
- Firstly, you'll need to navigate to the Waypoint Editor, you'll find it on the left hand side of your account dashboard
- To add a new waypoint, click the 'Add new waypoint' button, this will bring up a list of the various types of points you can add.
- After setting up your waypoints, click the 'Save changes' button to apply the settings to the bot.
Touch object command
Touch object command can be used in two ways:
- simple - you just specify the UUID of the object to touch
- complex - you specify the object and also the exact point to touch
You may need the complex way for elevator buttons, for example. They often has no separate prim. To get the touch details (face, U and V), use our LSL helper script.
Additional Hints & Information
- Each waypoint has it's own unique settings. 'Walk' and 'run' require the sim coordinates, 'sleep' requires a number in seconds to wait for, 'teleport' takes any region coordinates and teleports to it and 'say' requires one or more different pieces of text to speak.
- There are some more options such as 'debug' and 'ask bot' which will show some more advanced information on what the bot is doing, as well as 'auto restart if stuck' and 'pause execution' to help you find errors in your configuration!
- The 'sound' and 'animate' waypoints let you browse the bot's inventory for sounds and animations to play!
- You can also use the in-world helper device, to quickly add waypoints to your current configuration.
- Please also be sure to check the list of commands for WayPoints Navigation here
Troubleshooting and known issues
- My bot stops before reaching the waypoint and skips to the next one.
- It's possible that your bot is hitting something and getting stuck on the way to the waypoint.
- The bot doesn't move once saving changes?
- This is a know bug we are working to resolve. Please contact us using the live chat to find out the reason.
- Something else wrong?
- Contact our live chat or in-world support for more help!
Questions, wishes and discussion