DevPortal

New javascript playground

Home Forums Developing with SmartBots Bots Playground (JavaScript) New javascript playground

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

We’ve recently announced the SmartBots Playground, the place you can program bots with JavaScript (read more here).

So, this forum topic will relate mostly to Playground, at least at the beginning.

Feel free to ask your questions and wishes here!

Heyter Nitely
    Participant

Hey.

I just have access to SmartBots Playground and it seems to be very useful.

However, I’m wondering something about the TP.

https://www.mysmartbots.com/dev/docs/Bot_Playground/Events/teleport_offer

You can detect a teleportation but we’re not able to accept it ?

Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

Hello Heyter,

Well, yes – we did not managed to approve/reject the teleport requests yet (as well as group invitation requests). Current implementation of Playground is based on SmartBots HTTP API which does not have this feature.

However, we plan to make the necessary changes to our bots core software and add teleport approvals.

P.S. Thank you for your message. I’m personally using Playground for dozens of tasks and glad to see people enjoy using it as well.

Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

…if you definitely need the request approval for your projects, we will add it asap.

Heyter Nitely
    Participant

Hey, thank you for your quick answer.

I don’t need it but I was curious to test it as every features.

Yea, this is definitely what I was looking for since a long time. I run a bot for my system and using another to test your system. That’s sad to know that I can’t have an additionnal bot but it’s fine tho.

But it would be cool to control what teleport you can accept based on a list of avatar names, for example. I’m just giving ideas.

Something that would be great is including HTTP Request, specially using jQuery lib to use $.get();

Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

$.get() is the feature we also need (for example, to communicate with an external storage).

It is rather easy to implement but I’m afraid of possible abuse attempts yet.

Heyter Nitely
    Participant

Limit the usage of it per day ?

Only allow request to verified website ?

Heyter Nitely
    Participant

Something that might be cool also:

Bot.activateGroup(“00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000”);

Setting “none”, “NULL_KEY” or “” might remove the active group, search somewhere “00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000” to copy and paste is not really “easy”

Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

Probably a website approval for new users and unrestricted access for experienced users. All with limits similar to LSL.

Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

Something that might be cool also:

Bot.activateGroup(“00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000”);

Setting “none”, “NULL_KEY” or “” might remove the active group, search somewhere “00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000” to copy and paste is not really “easy”

Agree, added to TODO list.

Heyter Nitely
    Participant

Probably a website approval for new users and unrestricted access for experienced users. All with limits similar to LSL.

Seems perfect to me.

Is there any limit to Bot.name2key ?

Because this is something I was looking for, like.. REALLY.

Heyter Nitely
    Participant

https://www.mysmartbots.com/dev/docs/Bot_Playground/Commands/sendNotice

It say that attachment is not required but .. If we don’t set something “Bot.sendNotice(groupuuid, title, text);” an error occur and the function fail. -> attachment UUID not specified (undefined)

Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

It say that attachment is not required but .. If we don’t set something “Bot.sendNotice(groupuuid, title, text);” an error occur and the function fail. -> attachment UUID not specified (undefined)

Right, messed with nonexistent JS variables… fixed, please try again.

Heyter Nitely
    Participant

Right, messed with nonexistent JS variables… fixed, please try again.

It works. I really do appreciate your quick fix.

Edit: It there a way to use group name instead of its UUID with Bot.sendNotice ? Would be more clear when you will read the code

Heyter Nitely
    Participant

Is there any possibility to also be able to include scripts ?

Like having “lib” script for the bot and be able to use functions, etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.