DevPortal

RLV addon and commands via API

Home Forums Developing with SmartBots HTTP API RLV addon and commands via API

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mydemoalt
    Participant

I purchased an RLV add on for one of my bots with a specific purpose in mind: Being able to send a command through the API to wear different outfits. Now I know you have the Outfit Rotator add on but I don’t want a certain set schedule, nor having it broadcast, when my bot changes outfits.

Using Open Collar, outfits can be created in the RLV folder and worn using a simple chat command: sawear bikini
    However, this does not work even with the purchased RLV add on. Simple things like sakneel, saleash, saunleash work as expected.

Are there any plans to implement more commands for RLV functionality? Basically, I’d like to send a command like this:
    $this->smartBot->say_chat_channel(1, 'sawear datenight');

Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

Hello Demo. We are extending the RLV addon all the time, adding support for more devices. Which RLV commands do you need besides the one you mentioned?

mydemoalt
    Participant

For me personally, just the wear command. I understand some restrictions can’t be performed and I don’t really need them.

Open Collar allows for changing outfits if you have the folders set up: http://www.opencollar.at/outfits.html
    A bot could simply call the command through chat like I posted above. “datenight, nude, bikini” are all folder names inside the .outfits folder in the inventory.

$this->smartBot->say_chat_channel(1, 'sawear datenight');
    $this->smartBot->say_chat_channel(1, 'sawear nude');
    $this->smartBot->say_chat_channel(1, 'sawear bikini');

Perhaps I can explain a bit why I would like this feature.
    I’m creating a web application to communicate with your API. This application will allow me to schedule the times bots login/logout and perform certain scenarios. For example:
    Scenario 1
    1) Bot logs in and is wearing normal outfit
    2) Bot changes into swimsuit and sits on beach chair
    3) Bot changes positions on chair using a command script, combined with AVSitter, I created for the chair.
    4) Bot stands after a certain amount of time, changes outfit, and logs out.

Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

Our RLV module supports these RLV commands: @addoutfit @remoutfit @replaceoutfit.

There’s no “wear” command in RLV, and Open Collar translates them to commands I’ve written above. Did you tested your device with SmartBots RLV?

Glaznah Gassner
    Keymaster

Here’s the list of RLV commands SmartBots support regarding wearing stuff:

getoutfit
    getattach
    remattach
    detach
    detachme
    remoutfit
    attach
    attachoverorreplace
    attachalloverorreplace
    attachover
    getinv
    getinvworn
    attachallover
    detachall

(the RLV command reference is available here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI)

mydemoalt
    Participant

In looking at the code in Open Collar and the Wiki link you showed me, the RLV commands needed would be:

@findfolder
    @findfolders

Is it possible to get these added?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by mydemoalt.
    Chevonn Edelmann
    Participant

Hi

Yes it is possible to implement these, I will post here once they are added and available

Chevonn Edelmann
    Participant

The requested commands are now available

mydemoalt
    Participant

Thank you. However, it’s not working. I guess there is a difference in RLV vs RLVa as this is the notice I get in local chat when trying the “wear” command:

[06:30] OC: Sorry! This feature can't work on RLV and will require a RLVa enabled viewer. The regular "# Folders" feature is a good alternative.

In the Open Collar code, it has this check:

} else if (llSubStringIndex(sStr,"wear ") == 0) {
            if (!g_iRlvaOn) {
                llMessageLinked(LINK_DIALOG,NOTIFY,"0"+"\n\nSorry! This feature can't work on RLV and will require a RLVa enabled viewer. The regular \"# Folders\" feature is a good alternative.\n" ,kID);
                if (bFromMenu) llMessageLinked(LINK_RLV, iNum, "menu " + COLLAR_PARENT_MENU, kID);
                return;
            } 

So should I assume this is not going to work or is there a way around it?
    Differences explained: http://wiki.catznip.com/index.php?title=RLVa_/_RLV_Differences

EDIT
    Not sure how far you want to take this, but I’ve tested using “Folders” and the older style of RLV. Everything works as expected in that area. I’m able to send commands like the ones below and it works:

sa %2Bdatenight    // Need %2B to represent '+' in chat message. i.e. sa +datenight
    sa %2Bbikini
    sa -datenight,bikini // Ensures both folders are removed from avi (Nude)

Thanks for your help in all this. Sorry to cause you some work.

Chevonn Edelmann
    Participant

Can you tell me where you got the device or send me a copy inworld please? I will be able to check the required commands for this function and implement them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.