October 11, 2016
Dear SmartBots Franchisees, the Terminal has been updated to version 3.3 today. Please pick up a new device in SmartBots office since previous versions won’t accept payments anymore.
You will get an automatic notification when your customers are trying to use your outdated Terminal. However, we advise to update your devices as soon as possible.
The new version (v3.3) provides more accurate partner’s payments delivery scheme, as well as some minor fixes.
September 2, 2016
Waypoints module is one of the most popular add-on for SmartBots bots. It allows writing step-by-step instructions for your bot: walk here, turn, say that etc.
Despite of its simplicity, waypoints editor also allows composing complex instructions: for location guides (take a look in SmartBots office) or even cyborg bowling players (subscribe to SmartBots blog updates for upcoming video!).
For our waypoint professionals, we’ve added new commands to the Waypoints editor:
- TOUCH – touch a prim
- KEY PRESS – imitate keyboard press (like bot using a viewer)
- REPEAT – repeat some of your commands over and over
These commands are intended for advanced users, but they allow creating truly amazing alive bots! Check the Waypoints module in our Store.
August 27, 2016
This is a repost of a recent DevPortal post. It turned out that lot of SmartBots developers missed that post, so I decided to repeat it here once more.
The Bots Playground has been updated with the following improvements:
- Scripts now restart automatically
This is the most important update which relaunches your scripts if Playground server gets restarted.
- Page controls got refined for 1378×768 screen resolution
This is the most popular resolution for compact laptops, so we refined page controls: script rename/remove links has been changes; long script names are properly displayed now.
- Scripts list is now sorted by name
- Reference links to Playground Commands and Events have been added.
Finally, two new commands are available:
We welcome all developers to try Playgrounds and discuss it in DevPortal forum!
August 2, 2016
We’ve just updated a Waypoints Navigator module (this is the module which allows writing a simple step-by-step walk-and-talk instructions for your bots).
The changes affect mostly Waypoints editor interface:
- the way points are now compact (it is easier to manage bots with hundreds of steps)
- editor properly warns you when you have unsaved changes
- inventory browser works better (to choose an animation or sound)
- finally, the pause option has been added (you can pause your waypoints execition at any time).